1300 ERGT AU (1300 3748 28)
You are here:
ERGT Australia’s (RTO 2534) Undertake Road Crash Rescue (URCR) course develops skills and knowledge on a number of topics essential to carrying out a rescue operation, and specifically a road crash rescue. These topics are; vehicle construction and dangers in cutting vehicle parts and panels, legal requirements of responders, apply safe work practices in rescue operations, use equipment in accordance with organisational procedures, and respond and react to instructions in a safe, correct and timely manner.
This course is designed for personnel who are required to work as a member of an emergency response team conducting a road crash rescue.
LOCATIONS: Perth, Darwin, Melbourne & Onsite
DURATION: 2 Days
PRE-REQUISITES (attained within 4 years of training)
- HLTFA311A Apply First Aid (or equivalent) OR
- PUAEME002C Manage Injuries at an Emergency Incident
- PUAEME001B Provide Emergency Care (or equivalent) &;
- PUAFIR15 Prevent Injury
In alignment with industry expectations and to ensure ongoing competence and capability ERGT recommends skills maintenance be conducted every 2 years.
AUTHORITY / REGULATOR
Nationally Recognised Training is developed by the Australian Governments Vocational Education and Training (VET) sector to ensure VET providers and practitioners develop students with the skills and knowledge needed to perform well in the workplace.
Upon successful completion trainees will be issued with a:
- Statement of Attainment in PUASAR024A Undertake road crash rescue (Prepare and respond to road crash rescue, establish and maintain rescue scene safety, manage casualties, remove casualties from entrapment and conclude road crash rescue operations.)
- Statement of Attainment in PUASAR022A Participate in a rescue operation (Prepare and respond to rescue, contribute to a risk assessmen tat the scene, perform a rescue, conclude rescue operations.)
This course is delivered through classroom presentations, activities and participant discussion as well as practical components within a simulated workplace environment using specialised equipment. Practical activities include such as simulate call-out practical activities based on the rehearsed rescue plans, as well as conduct a rescue plan rehearsals for different simulated road crash incidents. Trainees will demonstrate their competence through direct observation, oral &/or written assessment & practical exercises.
Copyright ERGT. All Rights Reserved