1300 ERGT AU (1300 3748 28)
You are here:
RECOMMENDED SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE This course has been designed for existing members of emergency response teams. In order for ERGT to deliver the training and assessment in the time frame specified for this course, it is recommended (but not mandatory) that trainees have undertaken workplace training covering the skills and knowledge listed below:
- Workplace hazard identification
- Emergency response procedures
- Workplace emergency response drills and exercises
- Operation of isolation systems
- Organisational procedures for cleaning and discarding equipment in terms of environmental management and sustainability
- Potential occupational hazards and control measures
- Providing emergency care
As existing members of emergency response teams, trainees have knowledge related to:
- Responding to fire emergencies
- Operate fire extinguishing equipment such as fire hoses, branches and extinguishers
- Undertaking search and rescue
MEDICAL & HEALTH STANDARDS A medical certificate is not required for this course; however a health questionnaire and declaration of fitness will be required at course registration.
Please contact ERGT for any concerns regarding completing of practical training and assessment requirements and to discuss options for reasonable adjustment.
SKILLS MAINTENANCE In alignment with industry expectations and to ensure ongoing competence and capability, ERGT recommends skills maintenance be conducted every 2 years.
Nationally Recognised Training is regulated by the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA), which is the national regulator for Australia’s vocational education and training sector.
Copyright ERGT. All Rights Reserved