1300 ERGT AU (1300 3748 28)
You are here:
DURATION 2 days
Perth, Melbourne and Onsite
ERGT REQUIRED SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE To ensure the safety of all trainees, ERGT requires evidence of the following Nationally Recognised Training in order to undertake this course:
MSMWHS216 Operate breathing apparatus
MSMPER205 Enter confined space OR
RIWWHS202D Enter and work in confined space OR
equivalent confined space competency
RIIWHS204D Work safely at heights
or associated ERGT Skills Maintenance program or equivalent other Nationally Recognised Training, please call ERGT to discuss.
All certifications must have been attained no more than 4 years prior to date of training.
RECOMMENDED SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE In order for ERGT to deliver the training and assessment in the time-frame specified for this course, it is desirable (but not mandatory) that trainees who come to the course are
full-time employees and existing members of an ERT with the specific range relevant of skills and knowledge as listed below:
- Workplace hazard identification
- Emergency response procedures
- Atmospheric monitoring equipment
- Isolation systems and procedures
- Self-contained breathing apparatus and / or airline equipment
- Australian Standard (AS) 2865-2009 Confined spaces
- Organisational procedures for cleaning and discarding equipment in terms of environmental management and sustainability
- Potential occupational hazards and control measures
- Purging and ventilation in accordance with national standards
- Selection, use and maintenance of respiratory devices
MEDICAL & HEALTH STANDARD A medical certificate is not required for this course; however a health questionnaire and declaration of fitness will be required at course registration.
Please contact ERGT for any concerns regarding completion of practical training and assessment requirements and to discuss options for reasonable adjustment.
ADDITIONAL Please read the attached AS/NZ 1715 Appendix B: Facial Seal of Respirators. You will not be able to meet competency if you do not comply with the requirements of the standard.
Please contact ERGT if you require further clarification. SKILLS MAINTENANCE In alignment with industry expectations and to ensure ongoing competence and capability, ERGT recommends skills maintenance be conducted every 2 to 4 years.
AUTHORITY / REGULATOR Nationally Recognised Training is regulated by the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA), which is the national regulator for Australia's vocational education and training sector.
Copyright ERGT. All Rights Reserved